Having trouble logging into your root user account on your Mac using SSH Terminal?
It’s either because your root user is not activated or you need to reset / change the password.
Here’s what you do.
1. Go to System Preferences
2. Click on “Users & Groups“
3. Click on “Login Options“
4. Next to Network Account Server: click on the “Join…” button
5. Click on “Open Directory Utility…“
6. Click on the lock to make changes.
7. Now go to the top menu and go to Edit > Enable Root User
8. Now go to Edit > Change Root Password